Friday, August 27, 2010

Bringing out wild side

They say with age comes wisdom, but Timaru woman Margaret Mills begs to differ.

Mrs Mills yesterday took wild to a new level when she stepped inside 4Skin Tattoo and Piercing parlour, just days after her 60th birthday.

"My mother died before she was 60 and had never had the chance to do anything for herself.

"I thought that's not going to be me, I'm going to live for the moment and do something wild.

Being patriotic, the retired mother of two had no trouble deciding on a kiwi tattoo for her lower right leg.

During the process Mrs Mills remained calm and was surprised with how little it hurt.

"I don't know why I was so worked up, I thought I was going to be lame for days.

"It really doesn't hurt that much, it's more of an annoying burning sensation.

Tattoo artist Karl Lefeber was pleased with Mrs Mills and how she had remained calm throughout the process.

He said tattooing was becoming increasingly popular in Timaru.

Afterwards Mrs Mills was quick to say she wouldn't be getting another tattoo, although she is more than happy with the result.

"One is enough for an old person like me. I think I will try to turn my attention to travelling and more normal things," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner